Portugal Golden Visa
Golden Visa in Portugal is Europe’s most successful residency-by-investment program. The official name for the program is “Autorização de Residência para Actividade de Investimento” or “ARI” for short.
This program allows a person not from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to purchase property or other qualifying investment in Portugal and be granted a Portuguese residence permit for themselves and immediate family members.
Golden Visa Compatible Properties Listed
with Maia International
UNIQUE BELEM - 3 BEDROOM
UNIQUE BELEM - 4 BEDROOM
Villa 1095 - Vale do Lobo
1095 Ac. Particular, Faro, Algarve 8135-107
Why choose the Portugal Golden Visa Program?
- You have permanent free entry and movement through 26 European countries
- After five years, you can apply for Portuguese citizenship
- Your dependent children and dependent parents will also qualify for the same benefits as you
- You only need to spend seven days in the first year and 14 days in the subsequent years in Portugal (consecutively or non-consecutively)
- The program is not blacklisted by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), unlike many other Golden Visa programs
- You have the option to become a non-habitual resident of Portugal and pay little or no tax for 10 years
- You can choose from a range of relatively affordable investment options
- You have the security of a second residence in a safe and stable country
- You have freedom of opportunities for you and your family
Since the introduction of the program in 2012, it has brought over €5 billion in direct investment into Portugal and over 7,500 investors have benefited from the program along with more than 10,000 family members.
Find out more